Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
Columbia Business School Value Statement →
Columbia's Commitment to Antiracism →
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Columbia Business School →
- The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative at Columbia Business School
- Mapping Inequality: Redlining in New Deal America (Tool)
- Pronouns in use
- CBS Zoom background generator (with preferred pronouns)
- Columbia University Resources for Promoting Racial Justice
- Columbia College Undergraduate Identity & Inclusion Series
- Columbia University Graduate Initiative: Learn, Engage, and Connect
- ULI: Foundations of Real Estate Certificate
- National Fair Housing Alliance
- AREAA: Asian American Real Estate Association of America
- The Gay Real Estate Group (GREG and LGREG)
- The Role of Business in Creating Sustainable Future featuring Professor Jeffrey Sachs (Recording)
- NAIOP Diversity Resource Center
- Future Housing Leaders: Led by Fannie Mae, Future Housing Leaders helps college and university students from diverse backgrounds find internships and full-time positions with real estate industry employers. Learn more about how your company can be involved.
- Real Estate Association of Latinx Professionals
- CREW Network 2020 Benchmark Study Report: Gender and Diversity in Commercial Real Estate
Volunteer Opportunities for MBA Students and Alumni
- Project Destined: Real estate training with a competitive edge.
- SoLa Impact CORE Scholars: Become a virtual mentor: help coach and empower South Los Angeles’ youth at [email protected]
- ULI Mentorship Program: The mission of the ULI New York Mentor Program is to foster an exchange of professional ideas and mentorship between experienced executives in the industry (“Mentors”) and young real estate professionals in ULI under the age of 40 (“Mentees”).
- WX: New York Women Executives in Real Estate: WX promotes the advancement of women in real estate, enhances the public perception of the role of women within the industry and promotes the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and integrity in the field.
Organizations Championing Diversity in the Real Estate Industry and Helping to Develop a Pipeline of Diverse Talent
- PREA - SEO: To pursue the PREA Foundation's transformative mission, the PREA Foundation has partnered with Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO), which has a 35-year track record of success providing select educational and internship opportunities to college students from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Avant Garde Network: The leading social impact company for emerging executives, entrepreneurs, and business leaders.
- NAIOP - REEX: Real Estate Immersion Program: NAIOP has partnered with like-minded organizations to offer summer immersion programs that focus on commercial real estate. These programs are offered in collaboration with universities across the U.S. and are specifically geared toward top students of diverse backgrounds.
- Project REAP: To advance diversity, equity and inclusion in the commercial real estate industry through education, mentorship, and partnerships.
- CREW Network: Transforming the commercial real estate industry by advancing women globally.
- TOIGO Foundation: Toigo’s mission is to transform the performance of forward-thinking organizations through education and strategies that drive greater inclusion and the ongoing development and promotion of exceptional diverse leaders.
The Intersection of Housing and Technology with Inclusive Leadership
Featuring Robert Reffkin ’03, Founder and CEO of Compass in conversation with Professor Christopher Mayer
Housing Equality & Opportunity
Featuring Alanna McCargo, VP, Housing Finance Policy Center, Urban Institute, Martin Muoto, Founder, Managing Partner, SoLa Impact, Lisa Rice, President, CEO, National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA), Moderated by Professor Christopher Mayer