In The Boundaryless Organization, a world-class team of management experts showed how leading companies were becoming more flexible, innovative, and competitive by breaking the barriers that limit the free flow of resources and information. Now, The Boundaryless Organization Field Guide gives executives, managers, and HR professionals the guidance and resources they need to make their own organizations boundaryless. This hands-on kit includes materials based on the acclaimed WorkOut process initiated at General Electric. It provides all the tools and techniques change leaders need to present boundaryless concepts to organization members at every level and facilitate dialogues that will turn those concepts into reality. This field guide follows the framework of the original book and is organized into separate sections, each of which addresses a different organizational boundary — vertical, horizontal, external, and geographic. Among the many powerful resources it contains, you'll find:
- PowerPoint presentation slides that reinforce key concepts
- Handouts, presentation notes, and sample questions that can be used to spark discussions
- Diagnostic instruments for assessing your organization's current boundaries
- Exercises that apply boundaryless thinking to real-life scenarios, with helpful instructions, worksheets, and examples
- A leader's guide to WorkOut, process mapping, customer/supplier projects, and the employment of technology
- The Boundaryless Organization Field Guide gives you the means to eliminate the boundaries that limit your organization's success.