Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office
To achieve our vision of developing innovative ideas and inspiring leaders that transform the world, Columbia Business School is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office efforts are rooted in our values statement, a commitment we ask every individual in our community to take:
To achieve our vision of developing innovative ideas and inspiring leaders that transform the world, the members of CBS strive to build and sustain a welcoming and intellectual community that values and respects individuals’ different and shared identities and perspectives.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office of the Columbia Business School oversees and develops programming and services that link issues of diversity, multiculturalism, inclusion, intersectionality, and social justice for students, faculty, and staff including:
- Working with the Arthur J. Samberg Institute for Teaching Excellence and Columbia CaseWorks to develop cases and training to enhance curriculum and classroom diversity and inclusion.
- Creating a pathway for cluster hiring initiatives with Divisions for faculty.
- Facilitating affinity group-based supportive spaces, workshops and trainings for students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Organizing heritage and awareness celebrations for students, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborating with student clusters.
If you have a DEI-related concern, feedback or event idea, please share here.
To contact us, please email [email protected].