MS Intensive-Applied Research
In the fall and spring of each academic year, CBS offers the MS Intensive-Applied Research course (B9898). This class pairs some of our strongest MS students with faculty who are interested in sponsoring a research intern or team of interns. Faculty may submit research proposals for student projects.
- The course is offered to students in the CBS MS programs (Financial Economics, Accounting and Fundamental Analysis, Marketing Science) and in the MS programs that we run jointly with SEAS (Business Analytics, Management Science and Engineering).
- MS students who are interested in the course apply to enroll; selected students are matched to projects.
- Students who accept a spot on a research project are expected to work 10 hours a week for a full term.
- Faculty sponsors are encouraged to meet with their student once a week (or as often as needed) and attend the research symposium at the end of the term.
- Other aspects of the students’ pedagogical experience—peer-brainstorming sessions, a final presentation, etc.—are handled by Malia Mason, Khaled Hamdy, Hardeep Johar, and the TAs.
- Students can elect to take the course for 1.5 credits (and a letter grade) or for 0 credits (pass/fail).
- If the student and the faculty member would like to extend the apprenticeship to a subsequent term, the student can re-enroll in the course (once only).
- The class starts on the first full week of the semester.
- August 15th for the Fall Semester.
- December 15th for the Spring Semester.
- Please specify MS research apprenticeship (B9898) in the subject line.