Request a consultation with an instructional coach to explore evidence-based teaching practices to discover effective teaching methods that enhance student learning. You will receive feedback tailored to your specific teaching context. Some areas of focus include:
- Designing and improving courses: Review the overall design of your course and syllabi, from course objectives to sequencing coursework and class sessions into a course roadmap to designing pre-work, assignments, and final deliverables.
- Implementing inclusive teaching techniques: Explore practices to establish an inclusive course climate and accessibility and manage difficult conversations.
- Integrating active learning practices: Incorporate teaching methods that actively engage students in learning. Creating an interactive and participatory learning environment where students are encouraged to actively participate, think critically, and apply knowledge through various activities such as discussions, problem-solving exercises, group work, simulations, and hands-on experiences.
- Reflecting on student feedback: Carefully consider and analyze the feedback provided by students regarding their learning experiences.
- Integrating educational technologies: Consider how various digital tools, software, and technology-based resources can enhance teaching and learning by improving access to educational materials and facilitating interactive and engaging learning experiences.