So you want to study abroad? Before applying to the MBA Exchange Program, please carefully review the eligibility requirements and how to apply. Each partner school has different regulations and offerings. Please thoroughly research the schools you are interested in and contact the Chazen Institute if you have additional questions.
Things to consider:
- Second-year students may go abroad only during their third or fourth term
- Applications are not binding- applicants will be notified if they have been given a spot and then decide if they accept. There will be another deadline for committing before students are nominated to their host schools.
- Candidates must have completed all core course requirements and have a solid academic record with a minimum GPA of 5.5 before the exchange semester to be eligible.
- Dual-degree students are not eligible to study abroad.
- Participating students pay tuition and fees to Columbia University and are responsible for all travel, accommodations, books, and miscellaneous expenses.
How to Apply
Applications for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 programs will be due in February 2023.
Applications must be submitted online as one Word or PDF file and include the following:
- Current résumé
- Unofficial transcript (SSOL can provide this; you may scan or capture the screen using the print screen function). First year J-term students can provide a screenshot of the courses they are taking.
- Responses to essay questions. The essay should focus on why you wish to study abroad, how study at a particular school/region will help you in accomplishing your future goals, the type of courses you plan to take, and why you would be an effective representative of Columbia Business School while abroad.
The Chazen Institute will follow up with applicants after the deadline about the nomination process and next steps.