CJEB offers research grants and summer stipends for graduate students interested in Japan currently enrolled in the doctoral program or MBA program at Columbia Business School or the doctoral program at the Columbia University Department of Economics.
CJEB grants and summer stipends can be used for purposes including but not limited to:
- Intensive summer Japanese language programs
- Research trips to Japan
- Japan related data acquisition
To apply for CJEB grant or stipend support, please submit a proposal to Ryoko Ogino at [email protected] (include “Research Grant” or “Summer Stipend” in the subject line). Proposals should include:
- A one page summary description of proposed activities
- A detailed budget and timeline for expenses
- For research grants, a letter of support from faculty advisor (can be sent to CJEB directly if advisor prefers)
CJEB Doctoral Research Grants are available on a first-come, first-serve basis each academic year. To receive a CJEB Summer Stipend for the summer semester, research proposals must be submitted by January 31 of that year.
If you have any questions, please contact Ryoko Ogino, Managing Director, at [email protected].