The Columbia Alumni Virtual Accelerator (CAVA) is an industry-agnostic, no-fee and no equity virtual accelerator supported by Columbia Business School's Eugene M. Lang Entrepreneurship Center. CAVA’s mission is to enhance and enable early-stage CBS alumni startups across the globe through support and mentorship.
CAVA cohorts run for 10-week terms during which companies must participate in virtual meetings and workshops. These meetings foster a strong support network of peers as well as provide knowledge and resources to help take the cohort’s businesses to the next level. The term culminates in an invite-only, virtual demo day.
- Application period: April 12 to April 30
- Cohort start date: June 5
Applicants for CAVA must meet the following criteria:
- Have at least one founder or co-founder alumnus or alumna from Columbia Business School. Non-CBS-affiliated team members may also participate in CAVA once the team is accepted.
- Have a product or service in the marketplace accessible by users/stakeholders. Companies with products/services in beta may qualify.
- Working full-time on their venture, or actively working toward a full-time commitment
- Able to participate in two 90-minute Zoom-based virtual meetings each week over a 12-week period, including a virtual Demo Day for investors.
Applications are closed for the summer 2023 cohort
Please subscribe to our Alumni Newsletter to receive the latest updates on programs, applications, and more.