The Columbia Alumni Virtual Accelerator (CAVA) is an industry-agnostic, no-fee and no-equity virtual accelerator supported by Columbia Business School's Eugene M. Lang Entrepreneurship Center. CAVA’s mission is to enhance and enable early-stage CBS alumni startups across the globe through support and mentorship.
CAVA cohorts run for 10-week terms during which companies must participate in virtual meetings and workshops. These meetings foster a strong support network of peers as well as provide knowledge and resources to help take the cohort’s businesses to the next level. The term culminates in an invite-only, virtual demo day.
- CAVA application period: Mon, Apr 1-26
- CAVA program start: Jun 4
Applicants for CAVA must meet the following criteria:
- Have at least one founder or co-founder alumnus or alumna from Columbia Business School. Non-CBS-affiliated team members may also participate in CAVA once the team is accepted.
- Have a product or service in the marketplace accessible by users/stakeholders. Companies with products/services in beta may qualify.
- Working full-time on their venture, or actively working toward a full-time commitment
- Able to participate in two 90-minute Zoom-based virtual meetings each week over a 12-week period, including a virtual Demo Day for investors.
Applications for the summer 2024 cohort open on or about April 1.
Please subscribe to our Alumni Newsletter to receive the latest updates on programs, applications, and more.