Independent studies allow students to apply some of the theories learned during classes to a real-world business situation. These studies are typically based on in-company projects with a final deliverable required by the company. Depending on the scope of the project, the faculty supervising the study may require additional work from the student to generate deeper insights from the student’s experience. This might entail some additional readings, analysis or the writing of a short paper.
Recent Independent Study Courses
- A+E Networks International: TV media international case study
- NBCUniversal : strategic overview of OTP television
- Comcast Ventures: Content marketing sector overview
- NBC News: Digital strategy/ Native advertising
- NewsCred: International market analysis and go-to-market strategy
- Current TV: Social media analysis
- Emerging digital media monetization strategies for Professor Miklos Sarvary
Further information on requirements for independent study can be found here.