Club Leader Resources
Become a Columbia Business School alumni club leader and join an elite group of volunteers. Club leaders serve as the primary liaisons between Columbia Business School and the alumni population in their region. They are responsible for organizing networking and learning opportunities that reflect the mission of the School.
Alumni Relations is dedicated to working with club leaders to provide them with resources to help connect their community to the Columbia Business School global alumni network.
Club leaders are encouraged to work closely with the Alumni Clubs team to develop and implement governance procedures, including on-boarding and off-boarding for new volunteers, elections guidelines, succession planning, and board responsibilities.
Interested in getting involved?
Each Columbia Business School alumni club has an appointed club leader or set of co-club leaders who oversee a leadership team. If you are interested in getting involved in an existing club, please visit our domestic, international, and affinity club webpages for club leader contact information.
- Organize at least two alumni club events per fiscal year (July 1–June 30).
- For all events, provide event recaps, attendee lists, and photos (if available) to [email protected].
- Assist with peer-to-peer outreach for Columbia Giving Day and other School initiatives.
- Commit to leadership for at least two years with a plan in place for leadership succession.
- Make an annual participatory gift to the Columbia Business School Annual Fund.
- One alumni club leader should plan to attend the annual Columbia Alumni Leaders Weekend.
To begin the process for creating a new club charter or for any questions regarding best practices for your alumni club, please contact [email protected].