Serving on the Board is a significant commitment yet highly rewarding experience. All Columbia MBA and EMBA (both first- and second-year) students can apply for a limited number of positions each year. Members are selected based on an interest in ethical leadership, demonstrated leadership skills, and past academic and work experience. If selected, members are expected to:
- Participate in an annual retreat
- Attend Board meetings and leadership development trainings
- Pitch and execute leadership and ethics projects of their own design
- Promote events to the greater CBS community
- Engage proactively in Bernstein Center events/meetings with faculty and VIP guests
Fall 2022 Recruitment Timeline
- Application deadline: September 21, 2022 at 5 p.m. ET (MBA) | September 2, 2022 at 5 p.m. ET (EMBA)
- Interviews: September 22-27, 2022 (MBA) | September 7-9, 2022 (EMBA)
- Invitations released: September 28, 2022 (MBA) | September 12, 2022 (EMBA)
- SLEB orientation (mandatory attendance): October 3, 2022 from 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. ET (MBA) | September 19, 2022 from 4:30 p.m. - 6 p.m. (EMBA)
The fall 2022 recruitment period has ended. Please check back for your opportunity to apply for the MBA board in spring 2023 and the EMBA board in summer 2023.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected].