Corporate Tax Reform in 2017: Exploring the Options
June 7, 2016
American Enterprise Institute, Washington, DC
- In collaboration with AEI
Financial Regulation Roundtable and Book Launch
March 4-5, 2016
Columbia Law School
- In collaboration with the Center for Law and Economics (Columbia Law School)
Global Business Forum: Fresh ideas in going global
April 5, 2016
St. Regis Hotel, NYC
- In collaboration with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP
JD/MBA Career Panel
November 16, 2015 Case Lounge, Columbia Law School
- On November 16th, the Richman Center hosted a JD/MBA Alumni Career Panel featuring Scott Sherman JD ’01 MBA, ‘01 Managing Director, The Blackstone Group, Anish Monga JD ’08 MBA ’08, Portfolio Manager, Scoggin Capital Management, and Alessandro Presti JD ’08 MBA ’08 Project Leader, Boston Consulting Group, Inc. The speakers discussed their career paths and answer many questions from the audience of current and prospective JD/MBA students.
Executive Education: "Agenda 2016: Reviving US Economic Growth"
November 6-7, 2015 Uris Hall, Columbia Business School
- The Richman Center, in collaboration with the Progressive Policy Institute and Columbia Business School Executive Education organized a non-partisan executive education program for congressional and mayoral staffers on November 6-7 at Columbia University. The program titled Agenda 2016: Reviving the U.S. Economic Growth welcomed 26 top policy aides for Members of Congress, Governors, and Mayors to Columbia for an in-depth discussion on how to grow the U.S. Economy. The two and a half day program looked at ways to encourage digital innovation, modernize infrastructure, reform tax policies, improve regulation, expand trade, and reduce inequality by ensuring all children have access to quality education. The discussants were comprised of faculty from Columbia Business School, Columbia Law School and experts from Progressive Policy Institute. Professor Edmund Phelps, 2006 Nobel Laureate in Economics and Director of the Center on Capitalism and Society at Columbia University provided the keynote for Friday’s dinner reception at the Columbia Club. The program was extremely well received and met the expectations of all who attended.
October 2015 Faculty House, NYC
- On October 10th, Richard Richman JD ‘72 MBA ‘73 hosted the inaugural JD/MBA Welcome Dinner for newly admitted students and alumni. The dinner, held at the Faculty House at Columbia University, brought together (11) alumni, (14) current students (5) Richman Board Members (5) faculty and (8) staff members affiliated with the program. The welcome remarks were provided by Richard Richman and Scott Ostfeld JD ‘02 MBA ’02.
September 17, 2015 Uris Hall, Columbia Business School
- The Richman Center started off the year with a JD/MBA Student Orientation on September 17th for newly admitted students followed by a reception. The panel made up of representatives from the Office of Student Affairs, the Career Management Office and the Richman Center addressed issues related to academic requirements, job placement and internships, mentorship opportunities and student life. Michael Malone, Associate Dean for MBA/EMBA Programs, Michelle Greenburg-Kobrin, Dean of Students at Columbia Law School and members of the JD/MBA committee were also in attendance at the event.